I’m not a fan of resolutions, they feel like an excuse for why something wasn’t changed previously. A resolution to me is just a promise with myself, waiting to be broken. That said, I’m a big fan of goals and the end of the year is a great time to look back at what you’ve accomplished, what you’re working towards, and finding new goals. It is imperative that I begin working towards these goals immediately, today if possible. This isn’t a promise for something that starts tomorrow, it is an action plan that I begin working on today.
2011 Completed Accomplishments
- Finished paying off school loans
- Finished saving for the trip
- Finished saving for the trip’s recovery fund
2011 Incomplete Goals (keep after these in 2012)
- Sell the house (again for the trip)
2012 New goals
- Quit job (after selling house)
- Leave for trip (after quitting job)
- Save more - Already increased monthly transfers to savings account by $500. First transfer will be January 2nd when the banks open.
- Read the Investor’s Manifesto again.
- Fully fund our IRA again.
[BONUS POINTS] Make it to the trip without my car dying and needing to be replaced.
Should be an eventful year.